History Of NCC in M.H College
N.C.C. was started in August 1962 in Government College of Home
Science and Science for Women, Jabalpur. Mrs. M.J. Pinto was the first N.C.C.
officer. An additional company 1B was opened in 1990 because of the increased
strength of the college students.
List of NCC Officers
||Cpt. (Dr.) Shashi Tiwari
||Cpt. (Dr.) Shashi Bala Shrivastava
||Lt. Suneeta kujur
Aims of NCC
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook,
Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide
Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in
the Armed Forces.
- 3years course with 2 camps for “C” certificate examination.
- 2 years with 1 camp required for “B” certificate examination.
- The college has active participation in the state, national, international level
camps that are organized by the National Cadet Corps every year. LIKE- CATC,
TSC, RDC.NIC,SSC etc.
Today Authorized and Enrolled Strength of N.C.C. 1A & 1B Coy of the college is
214 in all. Activities of N.C.C are multicolored like
- Regular parade- 6 period per week/120 period per session.
- Annual training camp – 10 Days
- Adventure activities-
- Para jumping,
- Horse riding,
- Rock Climbing are the adventurous activities whereas Social activities include:
- Local cycle Expedition for cadets.
- Blood donation by cadets,
- Eye donation pledge by cadets,
- Blind school visits on the Raksha Bandhan vocation in every year.
- Visit to rural areas to teach them for hygine sanitation.
- Clothes distribution to Leprosy Ashram and to old age persons at old aged home Jabalpur.
Cultural Programme in NCC
- Parade on Independence day parade competition amongst 15 contingent – District
level/ College level organized by Unit.
- NCC Day Celebration at Group head Quarter/College level.
- Conduct awareness rally for Anticorruption, Anti dowry, Ant drugs and save
Environment, save Earth, Cancer awareness etc.